Tuition for 2013-2014
$3,650 per student for students 1st grade through 8th grade.
$2,650 per student for Kindergarten students.
Registration begins in March. Please contact the headmaster of St. Basil Academy for further information.
Benefits of Classical Education
- Exposure to the finest literature, art, and thought available.
- Rigorous training in preparation for life-long learning.
- Progressional stages that mirror development of young scholars.
- Training in Latin to exercise the mind, increase the vocabulary, aid in grammatical knowledge and provide a foundation for Romance languages such as Spanish.
- Instruction in broad based history enabling students to gain perspective on their life and times.
- Systematic coverage of core concepts and firm dedication to developing students’ critical thinking and communication skills.
- Broad based education examining the finest in achievement through a Christian world view.
- Commitment to teaching core concepts as well as higher level thinking skills.
- Flexible placement in core subjects to maximize learning.
- Reliance on nationally recognized assessments for objective measure of learning.
- An intimate Christian environment where students feel part of a safe and welcoming community.
- Adequate recreational time for students mental well-being and physical health.
Small School Experience
St. Basil Academy is committed to providing a small school experience for our students where they will be known and feel a true sense of community and belonging. As a small school several grade levels will be combined into a class of about 15 students. We will have a higher level class ranging from 5th-8th and a lower level class of 1st-4th, and half day Kindergarten class. As a small school with an expected staff to student ratio of 1:12, we believe we can provide a unique opportunity to meet your child’s needs. We are flexible in student placement and willing (schedule permitting) to move students up and down grade levels in various subjects to provide maximum benefit for your child. We are committed to our students success at all levels.
St. Basil Academy encourages and benefits from parent involvement. We are very fortunate to have a number of certified teachers involved in our exploratory program. Through this parent involvement, we are able to provide our students with art, science, and drama. While we do not provide some of the services a larger school might, parental involvement and exploratory allow us to provide needed outlets for our students’ creativity.
About Saint Basil
Saint Basil the Great, Archbishop of Cæsarea. Basil was born during the reign of Emperor Constantine. While still unbaptized, Basil spent fifteen years in Athens where he studied philosophy, rhetoric, astronomy and all other secular sciences of that time. In his mature years he was baptized in the river Jordan along with Euvlios his former teacher. He was Bishop of Caesarea in Cappadocia for almost ten years and completed his earthly life fifty years after his birth. He was a great defender of Orthodoxy, a great light of moral purity and spiritual zeal, a great theological mind, a great builder and pillar of the Church of God. Basil fully deserved the title “Great.” Numerous works of this Father of the Church are preserved: they include theological, apologetical, ascetical and canonical writings as well as the Holy and Divine Liturgy named after him. St. Basil died peacefully on January 1, 379 A.D., and was translated into the Kingdom of Christ.
From The Prologue from Ochrid by Bishop Nikolai Velimirović.
Saint Basil Academy of Classical Studies admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Saint Basil Academy is a member of the Orthodox Schools Association.