St. Basil Academy of Classical Studies is recruiting 2 teachers: 1 Full Time Teacher and 1 Part Time Teacher.
The Full Time teacher will have a wage of $32-36,000/year, depending on experience and qualifications, contracted for 180 days/year. The part time teacher will have a wage of $14-$15/hour, depending on experience and qualifications, working approximately 15 hours /week, 180 days / year. For a full job description, see below. The required and desired qualifications are the same for both positions.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Questions may also be addressed to him as well.
The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, spiritual, and physical growth. The position of Teacher requires a love of life-long learning, knowledge and understanding of teaching strategies to support all students in learning, the ability to create a nurturing Christian learning environment, and a high level of stamina. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program for the courses assigned them by the Headmaster.
Inherent in the position are such responsibilities as adherence to the St. Basil Academy Mission Statement, Policy Manual, By-Laws and Student Handbook. The Teacher will work cooperatively with the Headmaster, Administrator, Staff and Parents; participate in staff meetings, field trips, school programs and special activities as requested by Headmaster.
The Teacher will report directly to the Headmaster and shall be evaluated at least annually by the Headmaster. The Teacher shall be provided with a written performance evaluation.
- Teacher must be a practicing Orthodox Christian.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Masters degree preferred).
- State Certification preferred but not required.
- Mastery of subject areas taught.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Ability to manage multi-grade classrooms for students, grades K-8.
- Ability to identify, select and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varied backgrounds, learning styles and levels of mastery.
- Prepare lesson plans and present to Headmaster in timely fashion.
- Instruct students in subject areas assigned.
- Assess student progress and make regular reports to Headmaster.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with students, parents, and staff.
- Assist in assessment of changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Assume responsibility for meeting course and student performance goals.
- Demonstrate gains in student performance
- Perform other school or classroom duties and responsibilities as assigned by Headmaster